Thursday, November 13, 2014

Project 7: Crepe Paper + Dowel = Cat Fun



I find inspiration EVERYWHERE!
This morning, my sister tagged me in today's "Cuteness Dose". It was a video, not unlike many on the webernet, of kittens playing. The inspiration, was the crepe paper they seemed to having a blast with.
Of course, yes, I have crepe paper streamers on hand in my craftroom. At first, I hung them from a doorway, but it seemed to lack something, as it didn't really invoke much interest from our kitties.
However, after a moment of thought, it came to me. They love the toys that dangle from the dowel rods. A LOT.

MATERIALS:
  • Crepe Paper Streamers
  • 1/4" dowel
  • tape

I used two different lengths of the crepe paper. Though, I'm sure you could use more than two, but one didn't seem to be as interesting to the kitties.


Line up the ends of the two streamers and fold lengthwise.


Wrap around the end of the dowel, as shown above.


Then tape, as shown above, making sure that the tape wraps around both the crepe paper AND the dowel.


You'll want to smoosh each streamer seperately, so that they "fly" independently of each other. Otherwise, they will just stick together as you play.


This is 2Dot on the left, waiting ever so patiently for this to be finished. He's already shredded and "killed" this toy several times. But it's okay. It cleans up quickly, easily and is easy to make again. It takes all of 5 minutes to do and I've had a BLAST playing with all the kitties this morning.

I'll update shortly with a video of this little fatty getting his exercise.






No comments:

Post a Comment