Friday, November 7, 2014

Project 6: Too Many Trick or Treat Buckets?

Trick-or-Treat Buckets Galore!


My nephew had amassed a few of the pumpkin Trick-or-Treat buckets. Mostly, because on a successful Halloween night, one bucket just wasn't enough to carry his candy loot. My nephew is autistic and is insistent on using these buckets as opposed to the always handy pillow case. So my sister came to me and requested they be melded, somehow, to make one large bucket.

NOT a problem!



  • Use a utility knife to cut the bottom out of one bucket (that will be the top one). To avoid any owies when reaching down into the bucket, I used a metal nail file (they really come in handy when crafting) to smooth the edges of the bucket where I cut out the bottom. 
  • Remove the little handle from the bottom bucket.
  • Line up the bucket seams - and hot glue the "snot out of them". Pretty sure that's not a technical term lol.
  • Be sure to go all the way around and squirt plenty down into the second bucket where the two meet.
  • Once that is dried, I applied a second beading of hot glue around the outside so that it completely covered where the two met.
  • Again, once dried, I used a mini glue gun to put another beading around the INSIDE between the lip of the top bucket and the bottom bucket.

Voila! It was plenty sturdy enough to carry his candy loot.

No comments:

Post a Comment