Sunday, August 17, 2014

Project 2: Flower Mobile

Yarn Flower Mobile


 
 
Any idea what this little wheel is for? I've seen them before and I think it's a type of loom? At any rate, this is what I used it as. I wound yarn around in a back & forth pattern, then I made two rounds in the middle with the yarn and tied it off in the back.
 

 

These are what I came up with. cute little flowerets, 8 of each color, though I didn't end up using all of them for the mobile.

You just gotta luv wire hangers for craft projects! (Try finding them LOL) So, I cut and formed one into a square, roughly 5 or 6 inches per side. Then I slip-stitched yarn around it.

Then I strung them on lightweight fishing line; alternating colors on each of 4 strands; added a crystal bead to the end of each. Then I attached 4 more lines, strung one more flower on each, tied it off at the top, slipped it onto a tiny little "S hook" and Voila! Magically floating flowers. I made it for my sister to add more purple to her room, she can't have too much purple.

I  have two more color schemes from other yarns I have. I think I'll make a couple more - one for my own room and maybe one for the living room. I'll post those as well... when I get them done.

No comments:

Post a Comment