Monday, February 23, 2015

Crochet: Button Flowers

 

This is another pattern I found on Pinterest. I can't tell you how much I enjoy surfing Pinterest for new ideas! And this is fairly simple and takes only a few minutes to complete one. I did all five of these within an hour and a half. It took me longer to locate my buttons and pick out the ones I wanted to use to go with the crochet thread I had than it did to actually make them.

I think they are so cute and could be used for a lot of other crafts. You could slip one on a bobby pin and use it as a hair decoration, use them for accents on crochet blankets, attach a key chain ring, you could even use Sticky-Tac to mount them to a boring wall, the list goes on and on!

What you'll need:
  • Size 7 crochet hook
  • Size 10 crochet thread
  • Buttons with four holes
I used Red Heart Classic Crochet Thread. And the buttons will need holes large enough for the hook to easily pass through.



RND 1: single crochet in the 1st button hole, chain 4 (for a bigger button, you may need to chain 5), single crochet in the 2nd hole, chain 4, single crochet in the 3rd hole, chain 4, single crochet in the 4th hole, single crochet in the 1st hole, chain 4, join with a slip stitch to the 1st single crochet.


RND 2: *slip stitch, half-double crochet, 4 double crochet, half-double crochet, slip stitch.

Repeat from * 4 times, slip stitch to the 1st slip stitch, finish off.

If you'd like to add a border color like I did, just slip stitch in each slip stitch spot and single crochet in half-double crochet and double crochet stitches. Slip stitch to the first slip stitch and finish off.

No comments:

Post a Comment